Friday, November 13, 2015

Fat Bombs

Its important when eating a Ketogenic based diet to get  just the right amount of Fat and Protein.  With out it the process of ketotsis can't occur and for me I can't keep myself seizure free.  I will save the explanation of ketosis for another post, just know for now its when the body begins to burn fat instead of carbohydrates.

What's a Fat Bomb?  Its are any low carb recipe or food (cream cheese, macadamia nuts) with a significant percentage of fat, 85% fat or more.

These little guys are easy to make and give you the needed fat I require.  I currently need to consume 200 grams of fat a day and its really hard to do with just my meals.  Eating one of these gives me a big dose of fat in a little bit size treat.

Here is the recipe for today's batch.  I found it at “Butter Is Not A Carb” click on the link to check out more of their recipes.  I made my own changes to the recipe.....

***I opted to use 2 teaspoons of Agave instead of Stevia
***I also used my own homemade peanut butter instead of store bought.



Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 24
Serving Size: 1
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs
Ingredients
  • 4tblsp pasture butter
  • 8tblsp virgin & unrefined coconut oil
  • 4tblsp unsweetened peanut butter
  • 4tblsp unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 packet Stevia or sweetener of choice
  • Silicone or plastic mold, 24 cups
Instructions
  1. Place butter, coconut oil and peanut butter in a microwave-safe container - microwave on high for 35 seconds or until melted; whisk to combine.
  2. Add cocoa powder and sweetener - whisk to combine.
  3. Pour evenly into 24 molds - freeze for at least 30 minutes; store in the freezer in a Ziplock bag.
Nutrtional Information
Per serving: 80 calories, 2g total carbs, 1g net carbs, 9g fat, 1g protein (Note: Please remember these numbers are based on the brands I used and may vary slightly with other brands.)

No comments:

Post a Comment