Friday, December 4, 2015

Surviving the Flu

I feel like I stalled out or slowed down to a crawl.  You see I caught the nasty stomach flu earlier this week.  It made it very hard to eat my needed fats and proteins.  All foods smelled bad and the simple idea of eating anything high fat made my stomach turn.  We can't forget anything I tried to eat simply just came right back up.

So for the first day of the flu I laid in bed trying to sip water.  Finally I made a conscious decision that I need to stop beating myself up and just get better.  An get better fast.  So this is what I did.

I stopped thinking about things in regards to grams, I just threw it right out the door.  It was all about getting some kind of food in.  But there was this part of me that was not going to have any gluten or wheat PERIOD!!

This is what I did:

1.  Drank plenty of Stomach Ease Tea (Yogi Tea)

2. Ate Jilz Gluten Free crackers (Cracked Pepper and Sea Salt)

3. Drank Recharge and watered it down (Knudsens Orange flavor)

These three things helped me survive the stomach flu and not need to eat bread to calm my belly.

I won't lie Recharge had more sugar than I wanted but it has no added sugar or artificial junk.  It is fruit juice with Electrolytes and that is what you need when your sick.  Be it a cold or the flu.  An I was willing to bend a bit for the 3 days I was sick.  That is also why I watered it down because of the sugar.  Do to my Epilepsy keeping sugar to a minimum is important.

I had never had the crackers, my little sister got them and I must say they are not only good but the meet the requirements for me in my new eating style.  No sugar which is perfect.  One serving is 10 crackers with 5 grams net carbs, 3 grams of protein and 8 grams of fat.

The Stomach Ease tea has been my go to tea for years.  Whenever my belly feels off I have a cup, simply answer to my tummy upset.

It depends on what city you live in in regards to locating these goods.  Most supermarkets carry Yogi Tea now days and possibly the crackers and Recharge.  If not try your local co-op our alternative nutrition store.  There is always the internet can't ever go wrong there.  So maybe stocking up for the coming into that season.

Be healthy and Be prepared!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment